Annual Corporate Sustainability Report
Shaw Industries dedication to creating the most beautiful – and sustainable – flooring in the world drives everything we do, every step of the way. From our choice of ingredient materials to the Cradle to Cradle® design of our products, to our support for charitable causes and not-for-profit organisations around the world, we believe sustainable design is responsible design.
What We’re Made Of
When it comes to sustainability, you can see right through us. That’s because we’re committed to staying transparent— clear, open and honest— about our practices, processes and choices, and how they impact our environment. This report reflects that commitment. From listening to our stakeholders, to actively participating in community and industry organizations, to continually monitoring, disclosing and reducing our environmental impact—we’re clearly committed to staying transparent about our business.
Shaw’s 2030 Goals
- Reduce actual vs. modelled water intensity per pound of finished product by 50%
- Reduce actual vs. modelled energy intensity per pound finished product by 40%
- Reduce waste to landfills and hazardous waste by 100%
- Design 100% of our products to Cradle to Cradle® protocols
- Achieve an OSHA incident rate of zero
- Reduce non-biogenic GHG emissions per pound of finished product by 40% from 2010 baseline
For more information on Shaw Industries sustainability initiatives, visit www.shawgreenedge.com