2015 Corporate Sustainability Report
Shaw Industries dedication to creating the most beautiful – and sustainable – flooring in the world drives everything we do, every step of the way. From our choice of ingredient materials to the Cradle to Cradle® design of our products, to our support for charitable causes and not-for-profit organisations around the world, we believe sustainable design is responsible design.
Through our commitment to Sustainability Through Innovation™, Shaw is dedicated to creating a better future for our customers, our associates and our communities. And to upholding the highest standards of global corporate citizenship in the process.
Each year, we share our investment and progress towards a better future through our annual Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) sustainability report.
This year’s Corporate Sustainability report reflects a year of positive progress for our company as we work towards our visit of ‘Creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our company, and for our communities’.
Shaw’s 2030 Goals
- Reduce actual vs. modelled water intensity per pound of finished product by 50%
- Reduce actual vs. modelled energy intensity per pound finished product by 40%
- Reduce waste to landfills and hazardous waste by 100%
- Design 100% of our products to Cradle to Cradle® protocols
- Achieve an OSHA incident rate of zero
- Reduce non-biogenic GHG emissions per pound of finished product by 40% from 2010 baseline
For more information on Shaw Industries sustainability initiatives, visit www.shawgreenedge.com